Boomerangs needs your donations to continue to support and provide critical funding to AIDS Action in partnership with Fenway Health. Together, this partnership serves to enhance the wellbeing of the lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender community through health care, education, research and advocacy. All proceeds from Boomerangs directly helps fund work to prevent new HIV infections and improve the lives of thousands of people already living with HIV/AIDS in Massachusetts.
Donations are 100% tax-deductible and receipts are available upon request.
All donations should be free of mildew, smoke, or pet odor, especially clothing, furniture and curtains.
Please read through our lists of items we need and items we don’t accept. Click here for information on when you can drop off donations at each store.
- Cassette tapes
- Video games
*Electronics with filters raise health and safety concerns to customers buying second-hand. We do not accept air-conditioners, vacuums, air purifiers or other items with filters
**Televisions made within the last 5 years are accepted, however televisions older than that will not be accepted
**Accessories are accepted with the exception of personal items such as undergarments, pajamas and socks
- Exercise equipment, medical equipment or sporting equipment (Alternative Organization: Fitness for Charity)
- Beds (including mattresses, air mattresses, bed frames, headboards, futons, sleeper sofas, etc.) (Alternative Organization: Craigslist or Free Cycle)
- Computers and Printers (Alternative Organization: Earth911)
- Vacuums (Alternative Organization: Earth911)
- Magazines (Alternative Organization: Local childcare center, church or pratitioner’s office)
- Periodicals (Alternative Organization: Local childcare center or church)
- Encyclopedia (Alternative Organization: Local childcare center or church)
- Toiletries (Alternative Organization: Youth on Fire | Phone: 617.661.2508)
- Food (Alternative Organization: Greater Boston Food Bank | Phone: 617.427.5200)
- Sheets (Alternative Organization: MSPCA Angell | Phone: 617.522.5055)
- Bed pillows (Alternative Organization: Craigslist or Free Cycle) — decorative pillows are acceptable.
- Towels (Alternative Organization: MSPCA Angell | Phone: 617.522.5055
- Large appliances (stove, refrigerators, etc.) (Alternative Organization: Boston Building Resource Center | Phone: 617.442.2262)
- Used toys (including puzzles and board games) (Alternative Organization: Local childcare center, church or pratitioner’s office)
- Baby items (strollers, car seats, cribs, playpens, changing tables, baby bottles, etc.) (Alternative Organization: Free Cycle)